It feels like it’s been a long time since we last talked, but at the same time, my weekend went by
too so quickly.
I did a ton of fun stuff over the four day break, and have lots of pictures to prove it, so here is my 4th of July weekend in snapshots!
Thursday: a relaxing day, ending with a fire, s’mores, and fireworks. And mosquito bites.
Friday: lots of cooking in preparation for the family BBQ on Saturday, playing with Ella, and a shopping trip with mom.
Saturday: family BBQ. I didn’t take any pictures there because I wanted to enjoy it, but here are some of the eats I brought…
Sunday: spent catching up with things and getting ready for the week ahead.
So that was my marvelous weekend. Here are some other things I did over the week…
- Made these adorable shirts with the kids. They were inspired by something I saw on Pinterest, and I think they turned out wonderfully!
- Saw The Great Gatsby again with my parents and fell in love with it (the story) even more.
- Played about 8 games of euchre, and won only one.
- Started A Raisin in the Sun. I’ve plowed through all of the books for student teaching the 10th grade Honors class, and once I finish this one, I’ll move on to the reading for my 12th grade mythology class.
- Watched this trailer about a million times and laughed my butt off each time.
- Started using SparkPeople again. I think it’s safe to say my food portions have gone a bit crazy, and I’m seeing/feeling the effects. I know calorie counting isn’t for everyone, but I’m going to use it for a little while to get myself back on track.
- Developed an egg-free frittata recipe that I am so excited to share with you all. I think I’ll save it for Meat Free Monday next week.
Before I go for the day, I have two things:
First of all, I am so sorry I have been horrible at writing back to all of your lovely comments. I hope you all can forgive me. 🙂 I am going to try my hardest to be better at that this week.
Second, I mentioned this last week, but I’m still looking for a couple more guest bloggers for my week of vacation. Fiona and Christy already volunteered (thanks, ladies!), but if anyone else is interested, please email me at livliveslife (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks!
Have a great Monday, everyone!