Happy (day after) Cinco de Mayo!
I have a couple of recipes that I have to share with you all. They’re not mine, so I’ll give links to the actual websites, but I’ll show you some pictures!
Salted Lime Tortilla Chips (E, N, D, GF)
I had to use “Realime” juice instead of ACTUAL lime juice – the grocery store was out of limes! So disappointing. Oh well, at least the taste wasn’t too affected.
– Instead of baking them in rounds and then breaking them into pieces, I cut them first. I would like to try it the original way next time – I almost think they burned easier my way.
– That being said, I decreased the cooking time to about 5 minutes per side, instead of 10.
– I also like to try sprinkling some lime zest on them next time – after they’re done baking, of course. I would have liked the lime flavor to be much more present.
– Other than all of those things, I really liked this recipe! They were very tasty!
The next recipe:
Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken (E, N, GF?)
– Firstly, sorry the pictures aren’t great. Chicken is not very photogenic, and we had a very overcast day yesterday…sun makes everything look better.
– Because I used 4 normal sized chicken breasts (which I pounded out to make flatter), I halved the original recipe.
– You could make this GF by using GF bread crumbs.
– It was a great recipe, though! And not too bad nutrition-wise! I might serve it with a salad next time…we just didn’t have any lettuce around the house!
And to wrap things up:
[…] always loved “stuffed” anything – pork, chicken, peppers, cupcakes (?) – and I especially love it when the flavors are savory and sweet. This […]
[…] Salted Lime Tortilla Chips […]