Happy November! I can’t believe it is already the second to last month of the year…2012 went by wayyyy too fast!
It’s been a while since I’ve done a “Thursday Thoughts”, but I had an idea: because this is the month of thanks giving (and Thanksgiving) for Americans at least, I think that every week I’ll write about some things I’m thankful for.
Please feel free to join in on the fun on your own blog – even if you don’t live in the U.S.! – or leave a comment telling me what you’re thankful for!
1. My family. They are so supportive of me and care so much about me and each other. I am indescribably thankful to be part of such a loving family, and I do realize exactly how blessed I am to have that.
2. My friends. They are such a blast to be around, and even if we haven’t seen each other in six months – or even a year! – we can always pick the conversation right back up. They, too, are always supportive of me and each other and I am so thankful for that.
I was listening to a conversation the other day between a few acquaintances who were saying that they can’t stand to be around their friends unless they’re drunk. How sad is that? They told me they weren’t joking, and I’m not sure about that, but it still made me that much more thankful for the friends I have who I can get along with any day, any time of the day, and in any condition! 🙂
3. My dogs. You all have seen Ella before on LLL (perhaps a bit too much for your liking…my dad always rolls his eyes when I take even more pictures of her 😛 ). I love this dog so much and I’m so glad I have her – she never fails to make me laugh at least ten times a day. How great is that?
My other dog, Abby, died two Aprils ago. That was awful; she too meant so much to me. Unlike Ella (who acts like a bat out of hell most of the time), Abby was very calm and never wanted anything more than to curl up on my lap. She was such a sweet dog and I’m so thankful for the ten years I got with her.
Those are the top three things I’m thankful for – what are some of yours? 😀
4. I was looking back through my WIAWs, and I noticed that almost all of the food on them seems super unhealthy. While you all probably didn’t even notice, I just want to clear it up: most of my meals are very healthy, but tend to be pretty boring. I only take picture of the foods I realllllllly enjoy, and, as we all know, those are usually the least healthy ones! 😉
5. I found this list of 25 Things You Need to Forget About the other day through another blogger (I first typed “blooger” just then! haha), and I think some of them are really good. I wish I had known/thought about a few of them when I was in middle and high school. I do not miss those times!
I’m glad you all were as excited about that Breakfast Quinoa as I was…I’ll have the recipe up soon! Have a fantastic day!