You all know how much I like link-up parties, so I’ve decided to join in on another! This one is the genius of Meghan from Clean Eats, Fast Feets. I love the idea of reviewing my week, and as a bonus, it’s totally acceptable to do it in list form. I love lists and anything organized. Seriously, sometimes I’m worse than Monica on Friends. 😉
I actually wanted to do this last week too, but ended up totally forgetting, so now I’m going to review the past two weeks, which have been quite full of fun.
A few weeks ago…
- I got this amazing “happy almost graduation” present from my parents. It’s a London bus roll. I love it!
- I developed a new Clif bar recipe – Cinnamon Raisin Clif Bars!
- I sat outside on the deck for about a half hour two days in a row and actually managed to get some color. It’s miraculous! I can tan!
- Dan graduated with a bachelor’s of science in physics, and I attended the ceremony…
- …and dinner afterward with his family at Aztecas, a fun and very authentic Mexican restaurant.
- I cleaned out/organized my closet, which had a whole lot of stuff in it. Like, a lot. I’m a total pack rat and have the hardest time throwing anything out, so this organization was seriously needed. This picture doesn’t even do the amount of stuff I have justice.
- These binders are full of assignments, papers, notes, and other things from my four years of college. Whew!
- I started an finished a book in two days. If you’re looking for a good read and are into historical fiction, please check out War Brides by Helen Bryan. Such a good book! Now I’m on to the Great Gatsby. Yes, I’m aware that I’m the only English major out there who hasn’t read it yet…
- I spent many hours doing nothing….and it was wonderful.
This past week…
- I created two more recipes, Key Lime Sorbet and Strawberries & Cream Breakfast Quinoa. Yum.
- We got a ton of rain, which made the trees outside look particularly pretty.
- I babysat a little two year old girl for a few hours on Friday, which was fun.
- I attended my first race expo. I didn’t get anything (except my registration packet and a t-shirt), but it was still fun to walk around and see what was available. If I wasn’t broke I probably would have checked out some new running shoes! 🙂
- On Saturday, I ran my first 5K! It was soooo much fun. I’m going to do a recap for Fitness Friday!
- Finally, I celebrated Mother’s Day with my amazing mom. She really is the greatest. 😀
I PASSED THE MTTC ENGLISH TEST!!!! I can become certified to teach! I just cannot believe it. If you remember, after I took it, I was positively convinced I hadn’t passed it. I often doubt myself but that time I had actually accepted that I had failed it and was going to have to take it over again. Well, that’s not the case! Hooray! I’m so happy. 🙂
What was the best part (or parts) of your week?