It feels like it’s been forever since I last posted on here. Wow.
How was everyone’s weekend? It was Memorial Day yesterday here in America, and before I start with my week in review, I thought I would take a moment to thank all of the veterans in our history who have given their commitment, time, and lives to our country. I am so glad America has holidays like this to remind me of their sacrifices, because on a “normal” day, I typically do not think about it. However, it is those sacrifices that help make my days “normal”, and those sacrifices that keep America such a beautiful place to live in. So thank you to all those who have fought for this country.
I had a super busy week last week (hence the lack of posts), so I’d better get going on my week in review! Thanks again to Meghan from Clean Eats Fast Feets for hosting this fun link up!
- I cleaned the house. This is no small feat, especially considering we don’t have a small house, and we have a dog that likes to bark at and attack the vacuum every time I use it.
- I baked two batches of cookies: Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Scotchie.
- On Thursday, my aunt and grandma came over to our side of the state. We went out to dinner (my other grandma joined us), and then to my brother’s graduation.
- Yep, my little brother graduated high school! I just cannot believe it. It seems like yesterday I was just graduating, but now I’m basically done with college and he’s just starting. It’s so weird. Disney was right on with that “circle of life” stuff. 😉
- At the ceremony, I saw a real life guy who looked exactly like Luke Danes from Gilmore Girls. Do any of you watch that show?? Seriously, I even took a picture of this guy, which, now that I think about it, is kind of creepy, and I’m not sure if I should put it up on the blog…but for real, he seriously looked like him. This statement is kind of pointless without the picture. Awkward…
- I babysat a lot over the weekend. On Thursday, I picked up my usual kids from the bus, and hung out with them for a while. Then on Friday, I babysat two adorable kids. One was three years and the other eight months old, and it was just a blast. I’ve recently been watching older kids, so to spend the day with these two was a lot of work, but still really, really fun. Annnd on Saturday, I watched two of the sweetest kids ever. I also dog sat for one of my neighbors. I love my job(s). 🙂
- I have still been suffering badly from these allergies. I don’t think there is any relief anywhere. If someone invents a magic pill to cure all environmental allergies, I will be your best friend for life and send you lots of cookies if you give it to me.
- On Sunday, I woke up bright and early to help get ready for the open house. We didn’t host it at our house this time (we did with mine), but instead rented a really nice pavilion, with beautiful views of a local lake, so I helped pack up the cars and brought some things to the pavilion.
- There was a lot of good food there. A lot. But I’ll save that for WIAW. 🙂
- Both sides of our family came, as well as quite a few friends, and it was just a lot of fun. When we were kicked out of the place, we all went back to our house and partied for a bit longer. I am so blessed to have the amazing family I have.
- When everyone left, I cleaned up the kitchen then collapsed on the couch and watched a movie.
- Yesterday was a lazy day. I caught up with the blog stuff for a good part of it, but in the morning, my friend Sarah and her mom brought their cockapoo, Teddy, over for a play date with Ella. Teddy is from the same breeder as Ella is, and we suspect they’re half-siblings. It was so much fun watching them run around like crazies!
A good end to another good week, I’d say.
And so goes another busy week. This summer is already just flying by, but I’m really trying to enjoy every minute of it.
So now tell me…
What was a good part of your week?