It feels like it’s been forever since I last posted on here. Wow.
How was everyone’s weekend? It was Memorial Day yesterday here in America, and before I start with my week in review, I thought I would take a moment to thank all of the veterans in our history who have given their commitment, time, and lives to our country. I am so glad America has holidays like this to remind me of their sacrifices, because on a “normal” day, I typically do not think about it. However, it is those sacrifices that help make my days “normal”, and those sacrifices that keep America such a beautiful place to live in. So thank you to all those who have fought for this country.
I had a super busy week last week (hence the lack of posts), so I’d better get going on my week in review! Thanks again to Meghan from Clean Eats Fast Feets for hosting this fun link up!
- I cleaned the house. This is no small feat, especially considering we don’t have a small house, and we have a dog that likes to bark at and attack the vacuum every time I use it.
- I baked two batches of cookies: Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Scotchie.
- On Thursday, my aunt and grandma came over to our side of the state. We went out to dinner (my other grandma joined us), and then to my brother’s graduation.
- Yep, my little brother graduated high school! I just cannot believe it. It seems like yesterday I was just graduating, but now I’m basically done with college and he’s just starting. It’s so weird. Disney was right on with that “circle of life” stuff. 😉
- At the ceremony, I saw a real life guy who looked exactly like Luke Danes from Gilmore Girls. Do any of you watch that show?? Seriously, I even took a picture of this guy, which, now that I think about it, is kind of creepy, and I’m not sure if I should put it up on the blog…but for real, he seriously looked like him. This statement is kind of pointless without the picture. Awkward…
- I babysat a lot over the weekend. On Thursday, I picked up my usual kids from the bus, and hung out with them for a while. Then on Friday, I babysat two adorable kids. One was three years and the other eight months old, and it was just a blast. I’ve recently been watching older kids, so to spend the day with these two was a lot of work, but still really, really fun. Annnd on Saturday, I watched two of the sweetest kids ever. I also dog sat for one of my neighbors. I love my job(s). 🙂
- I have still been suffering badly from these allergies. I don’t think there is any relief anywhere. If someone invents a magic pill to cure all environmental allergies, I will be your best friend for life and send you lots of cookies if you give it to me.
- On Sunday, I woke up bright and early to help get ready for the open house. We didn’t host it at our house this time (we did with mine), but instead rented a really nice pavilion, with beautiful views of a local lake, so I helped pack up the cars and brought some things to the pavilion.
- There was a lot of good food there. A lot. But I’ll save that for WIAW. 🙂
- Both sides of our family came, as well as quite a few friends, and it was just a lot of fun. When we were kicked out of the place, we all went back to our house and partied for a bit longer. I am so blessed to have the amazing family I have.
- When everyone left, I cleaned up the kitchen then collapsed on the couch and watched a movie.
- Yesterday was a lazy day. I caught up with the blog stuff for a good part of it, but in the morning, my friend Sarah and her mom brought their cockapoo, Teddy, over for a play date with Ella. Teddy is from the same breeder as Ella is, and we suspect they’re half-siblings. It was so much fun watching them run around like crazies!
A good end to another good week, I’d say.
And so goes another busy week. This summer is already just flying by, but I’m really trying to enjoy every minute of it.
So now tell me…
What was a good part of your week?
Ah!!! You saw Luke’s doppleganger just like Lorelai and Rory did on their backpacking trip through Europe! (suffice it to say I’m slightly obsessed with that show – I own it all on DVD, haha).
Those cookies look seriously good – perfect shape and thickness. I just want to eat one right off the screen! Congrats to your brother!
I’m SO glad someone knows what I’m talking about! I’m obsessed too, obviously. I love that you got that reference. 🙂
Thanks, and thank you for stopping by!
Sounds like an awesome week! Congrats to your brother on his graduation 🙂
looks like an amazing time. Congrats to your bro! Those cookies look amaaaazing. And uhg, I feel ya on the allergies. This year is killin me!
Ok, so I quite literally started drooling at the sight of the oatmeal scotchie cookies. HOLY YUM. And congrats on your little bro graduating! I had the same “circle of life” moment when my brother finished high school. Now I’m having another one, since my 10 year college reunion is this weekend. Ooof. Time has officially hit warp speed.
I realized the other day my five year high school reunion will be next year. I know people roll their eyes when I say this, but I’m really starting to feel old! You’re right, time *has* hit warp speed.
Congrats to your brother! it always makes me feel old to go to graduations.
Sounds like such a perfect summer week! Congrats to your little bro–Ugh, nothing makes me feel older than when kids I’ve thought of as, well, kids, are suddenly hitting big milestones!
It really was great. 🙂 Yeah, seeing any of those milestones in the kids I know – even “graduating” elementary school – make me feel old!
Congrats!!! Wow lol, I so remember that show, I use to be OBSESSED. Never missed an episode. And oh thanks… now I want cookies 😦
Haha. You HAVE to put the picture on your blog of the Luke look-alike 🙂 That’s awesome.
Great picture of you and your family. Congrats to your brother! Thankfully mine still has a few years to go…
Wow, you must be pretty serious about those seasonal allergies to be giving away delicious cookies! (By the way, I’m still super impressed by how well your chocolate chip cookies look). Mine are way better when I’m away from home. A lot less animals, dust (!) and trees. I was told by a nurse once that when I get older I just need to move to a coastal city for the sole purpose of my allergies. Um… Thanks for the advice? Lol.
I’m glad someone wants me to – I’m totally putting the picture up tomorrow!
That’s interesting that yours are better the further you get from home. I guess it makes sense. I’ve had people tell me that sort of thing before, too (usually, they tell me to move to Arizona). I agree, not the greatest advice… 😉
[…] still kicking myself for not getting a picture of the amazing food spread we had at my brother’s open house. I guess I was too busy visiting and entertaining, but I do wish I could have shown you what we […]
YOUR BROTHER… GRADUATED?!?!? I can remember playing Stratego at the cabin when he was like 13… and he beat me of course. I am so so so happy for him! I’m happy for you too I can tell you are one proud sister 🙂 Your puppy looks so happy in that picture, so energetic! I’d like to see a video of her biting the vaccuum. I liked the video where she tried to “stand down” your lifeless violin HAHA
I love reading your blog Olivia. It is so amazing to know what you are up to and that your life is so happy. Keep living the dream love! And know that I miss you tons!!
Oh my gosh, I totally forgot about that! That was so much fun. I SHOULD get a video of that sometime…it’s pretty obnoxious, but funny. That violin one is still one of my favorites. 🙂
Aw, thanks Josie! I miss you too!!
Now that is an amazing week. Two batches of cookies = awesomeness. I totally want to see the Luke Danes look alike picture. I loved the Gilmore Girls and miss that show now. I’m glad the open house went well; the pavilion is really nice, and I’m glad you were able to relax and catch a movie too. Hope you are having a great weekend so far.
Thanks! I really miss Gilmore Girls, too. I own the DVDs, but it just isn’t the same as watching it on TV. It was a really fun time. 🙂 I hope you’re having a good weekend too!
[…] still have about half a vat of hummus left from my brother’s open house, so I’ve been working my way through that with carrots and ak-mak crackers. (I don’t […]