I hope you all aren’t too sad about the long weekend being over. At least the long weekend makes for a shorter week, right?
Today is my first day of student teaching, so as you’re reading this, I’m probably on my way to the school, a nervous wreck, or at the school, hopefully not as much of a nervous wreck. 😉 Wish me luck!
I haven’t done a Week in Review post in a loooong time, so today’s is going to be a sort of smattering of fun/interesting things that have been going on in my life as of late.
Thanks for hosting, Meghan!
Over the last few weeks…
- I had a couple meetings at the high school (I’ll call it GHS from now on). Thankfully, they made me feel far less anxious about the whole student teaching situation. We’ll see how today goes, but I’m feeling pretty confident, at least about the first few weeks.
- My coordinating teacher got me a teacher planner. I’ve already color-coded it. 🙂 I am in organization heaven, especially considering I have a personal planner to work with as well.
- I’ve battled with my acid reflux continuously. Some days I think “wow, it’s getting much better” and then it comes back full force the next. It’s been frustrating, but I’m still working on it.
- My mom and I dropped my brother off at school the other day. (We go to the same school.) It was weird being back in that town, and I have to say, I was so glad not to have to stay there! While I loved the classes, I could not stand that town. Thankfully for him, my brother feels differently, and really likes it.
- Last weekend, my grandma brought over some pictures her brother sent her of her grandparents – my great-great-grandparents. It’s so cool to see what my ancestors looked like! We’re not sure exactly when they were taken, but we’re thinking late 1800s.
- Over the last few weeks, I slowly got back into running. I can’t remember if I mentioned it, but I was dealing with some pretty bad arch pain in my left foot, and was taking it easy exercise-wise. Finally, the day before my gym membership ended, I was able to run for about a half hour with no pain. Success!
- On that note, my mom has decided to do a fall 5K with me! We’re going to do Run Thru the Rapids, because the views of the river will be nice, and I won’t have to worry about finding a good running Halloween costume! 😉
- The fall allergies are starting to hit. Good thing it’s so nice and pretty out.
- Do you know what else has hit? Pumpkin. All over. Pinterest, facebook, blogs, everywhere. I get it, I like I too, but I’m just not ready for fall! Can we please hang on to summer a bit longer? Please?
- Ella got some new bling.
(In other words, the ID tag I’ve been meaning to get her for forever.)
- My friend Amber’s little cutie celebrated his first birthday over the weekend. He is such a sweet kid. I think all of the people and presents were a bit overwhelming for him, but that happens when you’re just a little guy. 🙂
- My grandma, aunt, and uncle all came over this past weekend to go out on the Lake and to just hang out. It was fun, as always, and there was a lot of food, as always. It’s interesting how so many of my family gatherings revolve around playing cards and eating. 😉
- I hosted a “going away” dinner for my friend, Sarah, who is moving to Scotland on Friday. She and her mom came over, and I made shepherd’s pie, oatmeal gingerbread, and a super cool (if I do say so myself) School Survival Kit. I mentioned on Instagram that I was going to post about it today, but I think I’ll wait for Friday. I really want to get into the details!
Questions for the day:
Are you an organized person?
Do you have any pictures of your ancestors?
What do you think of Ella’s bling? Personally, I think it works really well with her color. 😉