Good morning, everyone!
I hope that your week is off to a great start. Mine sure is: we spent the afternoon at the neighbors’ pool again yesterday, which first of all makes the day seem to go quicker, and second is just plain old amazing. Seriously, that pool. I want.
Also, the weather has been in the upper 80s, which I just love. I know I’ll probably be complaining about it in a few days, but I’d soooo rather have this heat and even the humidity (which does horrible things to my already curly hair) than any bit of cold, snow, or sleet. YUCK.
Before I get started on my Week in Review, I have a question for my fellow WordPress users: did your stats/views spike over the weekend? Mine soared for absolutely no reason, and looking at the details of the stats, it just doesn’t add up. I’m wondering if there was a glitch in the system? I’m very curious…
Thanks for hosting yet another great WiR party, Meghan!
This past week…
- I spent almost the entire day Thursday by myself, with absolutely no pressures or anything on my agenda. Not even a workout. It was really quite nice.
- (This was over a week ago, but I forgot to post about it…) I got my Sweat Pink gear! Yay!
I’ve already given some of the laces to the girls I watch, and they really liked them.
- Guess who else enjoyed the shoelaces?
- I watched fellow blogger Colleen on House Hunters! HH is one of my favorite shows, so when I read that her hunting adventure was going to be playing, I was very excited! It was also fun to read her “behind the scenes” take on it…I always wonder how much is edited or scripted, even on shows like that.
- On Thursday, I went to a craft store with the kids, and bought some paint for my upcoming vacation. Hopefully I’ll be inspired enough to do something with it, and not suddenly become unmotivated. 😉
- I posted two recipes on the blog:
Black Bean Brownies (recipe courtesy Skinnytaste)…
…and Egg-Free Frittata.
- On Friday, my two little cousins came over for a weekend stay. My aunt and uncle had a weekend to themselves to enjoy, so we got the boys through Sunday. I didn’t take a lot of pictures, but had a lot of fun. They’re some of the sweetest kids I’ve ever known, so it was a blast being with them.
- While Ella always does a great job with kids (and was so cute running around with the boys), she sure was glad to have me all to herself Sunday afternoon. She curled up on my lap multiple times, and stayed quite near me the whole day.
I didn’t mind.
- I enjoyed summer’s totally unpredictable weather last night in the form of a storm that rumbled but never rained.
- And, as per usual (as in, this happens once a week or so), I became very nostalgic thinking about England. I miss it so much over there, and it doesn’t help that two of my best friends will be living in the U.K. next year! (I’m looking at you, Sarah and Sam!) Good thing I can visit…now the question of how to get the money to do so comes about…
Overall, I didn’t have exactly what you might call a thrilling week, but it was full of good times, and honestly, a run-of-the-mill, normal week is ok, in my opinion.
Questions for the day:
Are you going through a massive heat spike where you live?
Would you ever go on House Hunters?
If you have a pet, is it more often your shadow, or does it keep its space?
Do you ever feel nostalgic about a trip you’ve taken or an experience you had?
I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday. 🙂