I love short weeks. I love that today feels like a Tuesday but is acting like a Thursday. I love that I have one more day left of work before a long, glorious, American weekend.
It’s been about two weeks since I last did a Week in Review, so I have a whole lot to share with you all.
Thanks so much for hosting, Meghan! Click on over to her site, Clean Eats, Fast Feets for more WiR posts.
In the past few weeks…
- I set up a Facebook page for my blog! Yay! You can check it out and “like” me here. 🙂
- I posted two Meat Free Monday recipes: Open-Faced Fajitas, and Simple Summer Potato Salad.
- I became a Sweat Pink Ambassador! I can’t tell you how excited that email made me.
- I babysat for almost 100 hours since I last shared a Week in Review with you. It is exhausting work, but definitely worth it.
- I threw my parents a surprise 50th birthday party, which was a great success, and so much fun!
- The photographs from the 5K that I ran back in May were finally emailed to me. “Yikes” is all I have to say about that. Why didn’t anyone warn me to make a cute, happy face at the finish line instead of showing the exhaustion I was feeling??
- I have continued making progress in my student teaching work, including finishing both Of Mice and Men and Death of a Salesman as well as the notes I took to accompany them. That right there is what I love about English: literature and delving deeper into it. Now the next obstacle will be helping students find that love, or at least help them not hate the subject.
- Last Thursday, I went to a pet show with the kids. It was meant for kids to “host,” and some of the entries just cracked me up. Most of the pets were adorable dogs, but one girl brought in a chicken named Jack Frost, and another boy brought in some tadpoles and the smallest frog I’ve ever seen (maybe 1-inch long!) named Tiny. He then showed us Tiny’s “trick,” which was jumping through a wooden maze. Pretty amazing stuff right there. 😀
- I saw Monsters University with the kids on Friday! Y’all, that movie was so darn cute.
I don’t think Disney/Pixar has ever gone wrong with one of their movies, but this one was definitely top notch. I think I laughed more than the kids (there was a lot of funny college-related humor), but I know they enjoyed it, too. It’s a movie that I’d definitely see again, and will be buying when it comes out. When you get a chance, I really hope you go and see it!
- I’ve started reading the fourth Harry Potter book with the boy that I watch. Yesterday alone we read seven chapters, and he is just enthralled. I have a new best friend! 😛 But in all honesty, it just makes me giddy when kids get into books, no matter what book it is. (However, I will say that I am thrilled it’s HP he’s getting into, because I am a superfan and now have someone to talk with about it. Hah.)
- On Saturday I gave myself a mini pedicure because, well, I needed it. I’m not going to talk about feet too much, because they’re one part of the body that always grosses me out, but let me just say, I don’t know how women manage to keep their feet looking pretty during the summer. Maybe it’s because I exercise almost daily, but my feet never look good. Any tips on that? Anyone?
- Also, on Saturday night, I got about 4 hours and 45 minutes of sleep. Ouch. Oddly enough, I was not in the least bit cranky the next day (thank goodness), though I was quite tired.
- Last but definitely not least…I became a Godmother on Sunday to my adorable little cousin, Cole!
Following the baptism, we had a birthday celebration for the little guy (he just turned one) at my aunt’s house. I am always so amazed and thankful that I’ve been blessed with such an amazing family.
I am taking some vacation days coming up in a few weeks. Because I hate the thought of abandoning my blog during that time (ok, let’s be real…that won’t completely happen, but I do want to enjoy my time off), I’m wondering if any of you would be interested in doing a guest post? If you are, please let me know! You can email me at livliveslife (at) gmail (dot) com. You can write about whatever you want, but I must ask if you’re going to share a recipe that it is free from eggs and nuts! 🙂
I feel like I did so many more things over the last two weeks, but I suppose those are the most note-worthy of them. Later today I’ll probably think of a million other things I should have added to this post. 😉
Thanks for reading! I hope you all have a great day!