It feels like it’s been forever since I last posted. I am really trying to find a balance between work, life, and blogging, buuuuut apparently I haven’t found it yet. While I love it, babysitting is really taking the energy out of me. I come home ever day exhausted and then I have other things to do, and before I know it, I’m passed out in bed. So anyway, I apologize about my lack of posts. Hopefully I’ll get into a groove soon. 🙂
I’m just going to jump right in to this week’s Week in Review. Thanks for hosting, Meghan!
This past week…
- If you didn’t notice, I started babysitting full time. It has been a lot of fun already. The kids and I have a system worked out where, if they behave throughout the week, we’ll do a “field trip Friday”. This Friday we’re going to Wendy’s for lunch and then to a playground for a while. It’s cute how excited they are.
- In addition to babysitting, I’ve been working on stuff for student teaching, like reading, taking notes, doing paperwork, etc. I would be lying if I said it wasn’t a lot of work, but at least it’s stuff I enjoy doing, and the kids seem to be really interested in it.
- My mom and I did a TurboKick class at a local Snap Fitness on Thursday night. Um, ow. (In a good way.) I’ve taken a few TurboKick classes before, but it’s been a while, so my body had no idea what hit it. It was a lot of fun, though, and I love feeling that sore.
- On Friday night, my parents, Dan, and I went to a Grand Rapids Griffins game. I am so not a sports fan (as in, I generally loathe sports), but the Griffins are in the playoffs, we had seats that were right against the ice, and there were 10,000 people there. In short, I had a really good time. I started out just laughing at the fans because they’re ridiculous, but actually ended up getting into the game. With 17 seconds left, the Griffins “scored” a goal, making it 3-2 in their favor, and the place literally erupted…but then the officials reviewed it and said it didn’t count. It was a bummer, but like I said, I had a good time.
- You know what’s not a good time? A whole bunch of angry, drunk hockey fans cooped up in a parking garage. As we were trying to leave a shouting match ensued, and we were stuck in line in the garage for a good 15 minutes before someone called the police. Apparently a guy backed out of a parking spot and almost hit someone, then got out of his car and started arguing with people. Others were shouting back at him because he was holding up the line, but it must have started to get nasty, because about 10 or so cops showed up to break it up.
- I got a super fun package in the mail the other day that contained this:
A Life Factory water bottle! I’ve had my eye on one for a while, and now that I’m making money, I decided to buy one. FYI, on Amazon, you can get the 16 oz. bottle for $20, but the 22 oz. for $15.80! Hello, bargain!
- I “pro-gas-tinated” enough so that now when I fill up my gas tank, it will be for $3.90 a gallon instead of $4.29! Wahoo! (Seriously, though, what is up with these gas prices???)
- As is usual, Ella makes me laugh on a daily basis. She was so tired a few days ago, I don’t even think she knew what she was doing…
Because sure, that’s a perfectly logical and comfortable way to take a nap…
- Last but certainly not least, we celebrated a low-key Father’s Day on Sunday with the world’s greatest dad. He really is the best.
I love that picture. 🙂
And that’s my week in review. My brain power is at a zero right now, so hopefully my list made sense or was at least easy to follow. Ha.
Thanks for stopping by!
Questions for the day:
Do you find it difficult to balance blogging in with other aspects of your life?
What’s your favorite fitness class?
Are you a sports person?
What are the gas prices around where you live?