This is going to sound completely cliche, but I have NO idea where these weeks are going. I mean, I do, I can tell you what I’ve been doing, but it still doesn’t seem like they should be going so fast.
I start babysitting tomorrow (!!!) full time, and I’ll be with the kids for five weeks, and then they’ll be back at school. And then I have a month, and then I start student teaching.
Yikes. It’s kind of scary when you think through everything like that.
I guess that just tells me that I really need to focus on each day individually, and be thankful for all that I do during them. That’s part of the reason why I love Meghan’s Week in Review – it’s so much fun to outline all that I’ve done and see how much I can accomplish.
This past week…
- I got in some good workouts. I loooooove having this gym membership. It makes workouts exciting again (I was getting a bit tired of the routine I had) and I really look forward to them.
- I made and shared yet another granola recipe, and enjoyed plenty of other good food (see WIAW tomorrow for more on that).
- Remember when I made Ella this bone-mobile-string thing? Apparently I got her into puzzles, because she created this by herself.
And then proceeded to bark like mad and stare it down out of frustration. Haha. It’s amazing what one can do without thumbs! 😉
- We have been having some beautiful weather lately. Normally by this time in Michigan it is hot and muggy, but this past week was gorgeous: 72* and sunny with next to no humidity. Perfect.
- I saw The Great Gatsby. Ohhhhhhh my goodness. Some of you might remember that I wanted to finish the book before I saw it, and first of all, I’m so glad I did. I thought the creators of the movie did such a great job honoring the book. (Except for the first 15 minutes or so. Those were awful.) That said, after reading it all the way through the novel, thinking about it (#Englishmajorproblems), and seeing the film, I have come to the conclusion that Jay Gatsby is my favorite fictional character. Ever. And that’s saying a lot, because I’ve probably read a million and a half books in my life. I thought Leo DiCaprio did the best actor portrayal of a fictional character I have ever seen…I kept getting chills throughout the movie because of his performance!
Seriously, though, that movie was great. Dan is not a reader (the horror!) and he liked it, so I think even if reading isn’t your thing, you’d still like it. I would gladly go see it a hundred more times. Anyone want to come with me? I promise I’ll stop gushing about it once it starts…
- Teddy and Ella had another play date while Sarah, her mom, and I chatted. Throughout the rest of the day on Sunday and all day yesterday, Ella was so tired. They have so much fun together, it makes me happy.
- Dan gave me these lovely roses just because he’s nice. Roses are my absolute favorite.
- My mom and I went to a festival downtown GR on Saturday. It was pretty cool: they had a lot of different food booths, singers/bands, things for kids, and some other things.
Grand Rapids is really starting to grow, which is nice as it brings festivals like this. We didn’t end up eating or buying anything but it was nice to walk around and experience something different, especially since the people and the weather were so happy and friendly that day! 😉
- After the festival, we headed to East Grand Rapids and enjoyed a nice lunch, some fro-yo, and a short walk around a lake.
- Last but not least…yesterday was National Iced Tea Day (I know, what will they think of next?), and in honor of that, I thought I’d finally share my All Natural Green Tea Lemonade recipe. I wanted to perfect it before I shared it, so I apologize that it took me so long. I’ll write it up in a separate post later today!
Thanks as always to Meghan for hosting, and thank you all for reading! Have a great day!
What a nice week! Your puppy is so cute! That gym looks great. Love your roses. Your summer sounds jam packed but I bet it will be awesome!
Thanks! Yeah, it will be busy, but like you said, fun!
It sounds like you had a lovely week — and I totally agree that time is going by at warp speed. (Seriously, WTF?) Those roses are gorgeous (yay, Dan!), and the granola looks delicious. I can’t wait for the recipe! 🙂
Thanks! The recipe is up – I posted it on Monday, if you want to check it out! 🙂
The weeks ARE flying by too fast!! I need to also remember to just focus on the individual days and what is great about each one. Looks like a lovely week! You’ve got me wanting to watch the Great Gatsby now! I’ve never read the book though, hopefully some day! And that granola looks fabulous. Two of my favorite foods (chocolate + granola) fused into one 🙂
The book really is great, and while I think everyone should read it first, most people don’t have that kind of time! 😉 If you do see the movie, I hope you like it!
Sounds like a great week! 🙂
It was! 🙂
I know what you mean about the week flying by! Love the granola recipe. I’m working on a new lemon almond granola one myself!
Lemon granola?? That sounds so good! I never really think to put fruit with granola (unless it’s dried)..that’s a good idea!
Aww those roses are so sweet 😀 And YUM that granola!!!
A girl can NEVER have too many granola recipes 🙂 Those roses are pretty too! Sounds like a great week, good for you for taking each moment as it is.
Too true. Thanks, it was! 🙂
my hair and humidity is such a bad mix. this weather is all over the place in dc
Ugh, seriously. When the weather is unpredictable it makes hair that much worse to deal with!
Any movie with Leonardo DiCaprio is almost an instant candidate for being my favorite character… Especially him in Titanic and Catch Me if You Can.
More beautiful flower pictures! 🙂
Yes. Humidity is awful. I feel like I’m always patting down my fluffy head.
I missed national iced tea day?? Oh, bummer. I’ll just have to have an extra glass this evening to make up for it 🙂 And oh man, that granola looks GOOD. But then again, oats and chocolate? Can’t go wrong with that. Time’s flying by here too–I love that WiR makes you slow down and reflect on everything going on!
Haha I missed it too, no worries! I’ll just have to make up for it in the coming months. 😉 I love that about WiR, too. Thanks for stopping by!
Your roses are beautiful; I’m enamored with all flowers, although roses smell so fragrant as well. I think the festival sounds like a lot of fun; I really like those types of things, and your granola looks off the chain good. I want that. Bad.
That’s true, all flowers are good. 🙂 Roses have been my favorite for as long as I can remember. I love festivals, too, so it was fun for one to come to my town. And thanks!