Well this might be one of the easiest recipes I will ever post. You all know that I’m a huge fan of minimal ingredient cooking (as in the case of these Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Cake Cookies, or these Soda Cupcakes) because it’s easy and also pretty cheap!
So when I found this recipe on Pinterest, I was so excited to try it. We only had to buy the berries and the cake mix, because I already had the pop on hand.
It turned out wonderfully – delicious smelling, even better tasting, and just perfect for a snowy winter night. (Though I wouldn’t object to it in the middle of summer, either! 😉 )
3-Ingredient Chocolate Berry Cobbler (egg and nut free)
makes about 8 servings
– (coconut oil, for greasing the pan) <– not counting that as an ingredient 😉
– 1 box chocolate cake mix (we used Dark Chocolate)
– 24 oz. frozen berries (I highly recommend a combination of cherries and raspberries!)
– 1 (12 oz.) can soda (I recommend Dr. Pepper, as its flavors go very well with the berries)
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan with the coconut oil.
- Distribute the berries in an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the berries.
- Pour the pop evenly over the cake mixture. DO NOT STIR!
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until the cake is starting to pull away from the edges of the pan.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
– You may find that you need a bit more liquid to cover the cake mixture. If this is the case, use more pop or just some milk!
– There are plenty of variations for this recipe. I just love dark chocolate and raspberries/cherries together, so that’s what we did!
This cobbler is so incredible – I hope you head on out to the store and welcome the weekend with it! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!