Happy Saturday, everyone!
Fall Saturdays in the U.S. mean football. Today there are two games that my dad and brother are watching on TV. While I don’t mind football, I’m not the biggest sports person.
What I do like, however, is the fact that oftentimes, football games will turn into get-togethers, complete with friends, family, and good food.
Which, of course, was exactly the case last weekend at our house, and even though there aren’t a whole bunch of people over today, the game day spirit is still around.
Therefore, I figured that today is the perfect day to post one of my absolute favorite recipes: my Mom’s Spinach Dip. Whether you’re sitting around in your comfy clothes or entertaining a big, fun group, this recipe is sure to please – and it couldn’t be any easier! Definitely bookmark it and make it when your favorite team is on!
Mom’s Spinach Dip (E, N, GF)
makes about 3 cups
8 oz. cream cheese, softened (we use Neufchatel, which has 1/3 less fat)
8 oz. reduced fat sour cream
2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
10 oz. can diced tomatoes & green chiles (we use Rotel)
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, with all water squeezed out
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, thoroughly mix all ingredients.
- Heat in the microwave for about 8 minutes, or until all the cheeses are melted and bubbly.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a large oven-safe bowl, thoroughly mix all ingredients.
- Heat in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until all the cheeses and melted and bubbly.
Serve with tortilla chips or veggies for dipping, and enjoy!
– If you want to make this slightly healthier, replace the sour cream with 0% or 2% Greek yogurt – you can’t taste the difference!
– If you want the dip spicy, you could dice up some jalapeno peppers and throw them in, or use a can of tomatoes that has a bit of spice to it.
– Tortilla chips are my favorite thing to use as a dipping device, but carrots are very good as well!