Good morning, everyone!
I hope that your Septembers are off to a great start, and for my American readers, Happy Labor Day!
I just popped by this morning to post an update on one of my recipes. The recipe is for my chocolate cupcakes, which I originally wrote about here (<– click the link). I made a double batch of these cupcakes this past Friday (along with two other kinds) for a very fun family gathering we hosted. They were a hit, and everyone was amazed when I told them they had no eggs in them!
It might seem kind of silly, but I am writing an entirely new post about these cupcakes simply because I made one huge change to the recipe that made the flavor, texture, smell, and look much, much better! I put the change in bold – see the note below for further explanation!
Chocolate Cupcakes (E, N, D?)
makes about 9 cupcakes
– 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup brown sugar (be generous with your half cup!)
– 1/3 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1 cup water
– 1/3 cup applesauce or plain yogurt
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 tsp. white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Line a cupcake tin with paper, or spray thoroughly with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour through baking soda) in a bowl.
- Add water, applesauce or yogurt, vanilla extract, and vinegar.
- Stir until just combined. Over-stirring could lead to dry or tough cupcakes.
- Put about 1/4 cup of batter into each cupcake tin, making it so each tin is about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Frost and enjoy!!
– Because I made a double batch this past time, I added 1/3 cup each of applesauce and yogurt. The effect was amazing and led to the best textured cupcakes I’ve ever had. Obviously, if you are going to make this vegan, use applesauce instead of yogurt. If you do not mind if this recipe has milk in it, use just yogurt, or a combination of both!
– In case you were wondering, I used a store-bought chocolate frosting that had Hershey’s chocolate chips in it. SOOO GOOD. (But not vegan. They do have plenty of good vegan frostings out there at the stores – or you could make your own!)
– Also check out my notes on the original recipe!
[…] Liv Lives Life a blog devoted to living a healthy, happy life – without letting allergies get in the way! Skip to content HomeAboutRecipesTravel ← Amazing Chocolate Cupcakes […]
[…] some Amazing Chocolate Cupcakes (click for recipe!) I baked up over the […]
gosh those look so moist!
They really are! (I’m actually not sure why it sent that recipe out again to everyone haha but I’m glad you saw it!)
[…] Amazing Chocolate Cupcakes […]
[…] other kind of cupcakes I made were my Amazing Chocolate cupcakes. I made these for one of the families I babysit, in honor of the little girl and her mom’s […]
[…] but I can’t decide on the best thing I’ve ever made. Contestants do include my Amazing Chocolate Cupcakes and Triple (or quadruple!) Chocolate Cookies. Can you tell I like […]