1. I still have an essay to complete (from this past Fall semester), and it’s kicking my butt. No matter how hard I try, I cannot write a good essay unless it’s due the next day. I hate it! It’s not simply procrastination – I want to get it done, but for some stupid reason, I can’t. /rant
2. My winter break is basically over tonight. We wait so long for breaks, and they go by so fast! Whyyyyy?
3. My mom and dad have started to use SparkPeople! I’m super happy about that. And it’s making me be more stringent about my calories, too – it’s kind of turned into a competition!
4. Speaking of which, if you (or anyone you know) is trying to lose weight but don’t want to diet, I highly recommend SparkPeople. You simply enter in your data and your goals (i.e., lose or maintain weight, exercise more, eat less carbs), and it tracks your calories and fitness for you. It’s brilliant.
5. I had an appointment with an allergist today. Basically, unless the test (that I will need to schedule soon) comes back with results that are a miracle, I will need to eliminate at least one of the following from my diet to get rid of my EOE: 1) gluten, 2) milk and beef, or 3) fresh fruits and vegetables. I’m not sure which one would be more horrible. They all suck, if you ask me.
6. I have the most patient boyfriend in the entire world. He had to listen to me complain about #5 for about two hours today. He’s also the most optimistic person in the world, because he seems to think the tests will come back saying that I have no allergies. Yeah, right. Wouldn’t that be great.
7. Sorry for being such a Debbie Downer in this post. Moving on….
7. Sooo I made these cookies. Actually, they’re more like cake cookies. As in, very similar to these….remember them? Only this time I used Spice Cake mix instead of chocolate (and no chocolate chips). It smells like autumn in the house. They’re super yummy. Since you can just click over to the recipe, I’ll just put up some pictures and the astoundingly awesome nutrition facts. Enjoy! 🙂
Pumpkin Spice Cake Cookies (E, N, D?)
(I think this little guy looks like the moon:)
Ah! Only 42 calories! Go ahead and eat 5 of them! (Just kidding. Sort of.)