Here’s just a quick recipe for my favorite way to eat sweet potatoes. The pictures aren’t excellent, but the end result definitely makes up for it! 🙂
Roasted Sweet Potato (E, N, D, GF)
Makes 1-2 servings
1 large sweet potato
Salt, to taste
1 tsp. olive oil
Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400*F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil, then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut sweet potato into 1-inch cubes (I would recommend cutting off the ends, and trimming any bad spots), and place on baking sheet.
- Toss sweet potato with olive oil and salt, and bake for 20-30 minutes.
– You could cut the sweet potato into cubes, strips/fries, wedges – whatever! Just make sure you adjust the cooking time accordingly. The thicker it is, the longer it will take to cook.
– Be careful when you’re cutting sweet potatoes – they’re really wobbly and thick!
– I chose to leave the skin on, but you could peel it too. However, the skin does have lots of vitamins and ups the fiber content!
– The salt is optional, but I would recommend it – it brings out the sweet flavor.
– These are really good dipped in ketchup! Or maybe I’m just weird…?
– These babies are packed with nutrients. Check out the nutrition facts for one large sweet potato, baked, with skin on (courtesy of sparkpeople.com recipe calculator):
Give them a try, even if you don’t think you’ll like them! I made these last Thanksgiving, and my uncle, who insisted he didn’t really like sweet potatoes, really enjoyed these! 🙂