Aspects of life in the States that I am looking forward to going back to:
- My family and friends, of course
- Wheat Thins and Cheez-Its
- My own bed
- Being able to use the dryer (it’s too expensive to here)
- Curling up on the couch with my blankets
- Paying a “normal” amount for Starbucks (a frappuccino here is the equivalent of $5.65!)
- Clean(er), fresh air – it is so polluted here
- Readily available workout facilities
- PANERA BREAD!!!
- Driving (instead of relying on public transportation)
- Measurements being in “cups” or “tablespoons”, with the occasional “ounces”
- People talking loud enough for me to hear them
- Lucky Charms and Froot Loops
- Cable TV shows that are not Desperate Scousewives or Made in Chelsea (gag)
- My own kitchen, pots and pans, utensils, space, etc.
- Cheap McDonalds (which also = mystery meats again)
- Everybody walking on one side of the sidewalk/hallway/street. It is a chaotic mess here.
- Cooking for more than just one person
- Christmas music on Star 105.7!
Aspects of life in the U.K. that I will miss:
- Being in England!
- The relatively mild weather
- All of the friends I have made here
- The availability of vegan, organic, and allergy-aware foods
- The fact that tax is already included in prices
- Chicken at Subway and McDonalds that actually looks like chicken
- The fact that London is only 30 minutes away
- Kingston town centre, especially during market hours
- Minstrels and other Galaxy or Cadbury chocolates
- The accents
- Not having to pay for gas
- My British Life & Culture class
- Sainsbury’s and Tesco
- Parliament and Big Ben at night
- This country’s love of and devotion to the Beatles
- All of the markets around where I live and London
- That because I’m American I’m super cool and exotic (to some 🙂 )
(starting with tomorrow)
- 3 days until I leave for Switzerland
- 9 days until Dan gets here
- 9 days until Dan and I leave for Paris
- 16 days until my semester is finished
- 18 days until I leave for home!
- 24 days until Christmas Eve 🙂
Have a great first day of December!
[…] (my faaaaaaavorite) and a whole grain baguette. I love Panera. That was one of the things that I missed the most when I was in England last fall! […]
[…] of England! Haha! Seriously, the chocolate on the inside tasted like Minstrel candies, which were my favorite when I was living […]