Hello! I hope you have been enjoying the first day of December.
I’m going to start a new blog tradition called Thursday Thoughts. Why? There’s always something on my mind that I want to share with somebody, and I like making lists. I think those are good enough reasons 😉
- The 99p Store has the best ever store-bought cookies. Ever. They’re just Shortbread cookies, but they are so incredible. I originally got the package to make Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies for this Christmas Party I was planning to attend (and I was not going to open them until the day before!), but the party was cancelled, so I had a really lovely dessert tonight 🙂
- I can’t believe it’s already December. I know part of it is because I’m in a different (snow free, not-as-Christmas-y) environment, but still…it feels like it’s still September or something.
- As each day goes by I get more and more excited to get back in my own kitchen. Seriously. I have 100+ bookmarked recipes waiting to be tried out.
- Just three more essays stand between me and Christmas break. And yet, I don’t want to get started on any of them.
- I bit my tongue yesterday and it is ridiculously swollen and annoying.
- One of my lecturers today basically told us we don’t need to attend that class the last week – which means I get another afternoon in London! Win!
- This week has been the rainiest week I’ve experienced so far here…it’s not torrential downpours, but it hasn’t really stopped sprinkling.
- Speaking of sprinkles, I love sprinkles. And sugar cookies. I love those too.
- Want to know which recipe I went crazy about this week? This one.
- I had a very interesting conversation with my friend Petra the other day about vegetarianism helping people with allergies. After that, I talked to my mom, who wondered aloud whether or not ruling chicken (meat) out of my diet would help with my egg allergy? I have a meeting set up with an allergist in about a month, so I am for sure going to ask about that.
- A lot of work will be done to my “Recipes” page over break…so stay tuned!
- I am going to Switzerland this weekend! I need to be leaving my landlady’s house at about 5:00 in the morning (my flight leaves at 7; I’m taking a cab to the airport – yes, it costs a lot, but no way am I dealing with the stress of public transportation at that hour!) on Saturday, and I will be back around 3:00 pm Monday afternoon.
That being said, I probably won’t update until I get back. I hope you have a fantastic weekend, and I’m sure I will be back with plenty of pictures of
food mountains, snow?, family friends, and good times! 🙂