Well the kids are back at school today, hopefully having a good time, which means I have this morning and afternoon to basically do whatever I want! I’m ok with that. 🙂
It was my intention to post my Week in Review yesterday, but I just plain ran out of time (I like to post things in the morning). Instead, I’m going to combine WIAW and WiR. Let’s see how confusing this post is!
- I helped Dan celebrate his birthday – twice, with two different cakes. The first was a vanilla cake from my parents, and the second was my Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake that I always make him.
- Got this text from Sarah, who was staying in a shady hotel in not the greatest part of Tennessee.
- Ella and I went for a few walks. We had some amazing weather last week (70*s and sunny), so it was nice to take advantage of it.
- I got a pedicure with my mom. I wanted to do something different (from my normal purple/pink), so I went with navy and sparkles. Really girly, but I like it!
- Along with the pedicure, they threw in a manicure for free. (??) I’ve never had a manicure before, and I have to say, I like them. 🙂 Again, I went a bit girly and got lilac with ombre silver sparkles.
- We started watching the first half of the final season of Breaking Bad. I don’t have any nail polish left now. (I bite/mess with my nails when I’m nervous or stressed, and anyone who has watched Breaking Bad knows how much that show can affect you.)
- I made some of that Pesto Chicken Rollatini, and added a side of roasted veggies. SO GOOD.
- My parents are working on selling our piano. It’s kind of sad for me, as I literally grew up playing that piano. We got it when I was six, and I played it almost every day up until I went to college. I’m just trying to keep in mind that it will bring another family lots of happiness.
- This is a bit late, but I received a BIC band in the mail from a contest I won by Christina, The Athletarian. I love it! It’s a bit tight, because I have a weird shaped head, but it’s so cute!
- As it turns out, I’m really not good at taking pictures of myself. The one above isn’t even that great, and that was after a million tries! Oh well. We all have our talents…or not. By the way, those freckles? Yeah, that’s what happens when a part-Irish girl goes in the sun. I don’t get a pretty tan…I get freckles. Woe is me.
- I took the kids I babysit to a nearby park the other day. It ended up being such a fantastic way to spend the afternoon.
- Yesterday, Sarah and I hung out for the first time in a while. She’s leaving for Scotland in a month for vet school. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous, but more than anything I’m super excited and happy for her. It was fun talking about it, reminiscing about my trip, and planning for when I visit. 🙂
- As it turns out, my library has a pretty good selection of DVDs. I rented one called One Week, and it was very, very good. I also watched The Paperboy with Dan. It was a seriously disturbing movie. The plot was quite interesting, and the acting was great, but it very difficult to watch during some parts. Definitely not one to rent if you have kids in the house!
- The boy I babysit and I finished reading HP4, just in time for school to start. It makes me so happy to see another HP fan out there. 🙂
- I (by sheer chance) created another stuffed pepper recipe. It was great, despite the fact that I literally made it up on the spot. I’ll share it for next week’s Meat Free Monday.
- The kids and I visited a new fro-yo place nearby. I forgot my phone, so I didn’t get a picture, but I’m sure I’ll be going back soon.
- I was treated to a gorgeous sunset last Saturday night.
- Finally, Ella and I have spent a good amount of time cuddling. Is there anything better? 🙂 I think she really missed me while I was on vacation.
That’s all I have for today! Have a great day!
Questions for the day:
Ice cream cake. Yay or nay?
Pedicures or manicures?
Did you play an instruments when you were younger/do you still?
Have you linked up yet to WIAW or WiR? If not, you really should join in on the fun. 🙂