Hello all! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day with your loved ones or celebrating with your awesome self! 😀
Mine was pretty low key, but still fun nonetheless: I had class, came back and did some homework, and then went to see Identity Thief with Dan.
So I was thinking about starting something new on LLL called “Fitness Friday”. It might not be a weekly thing, but on Fridays I will share with you a really good workout I did, one that I made up, or just something fitness related. I figure it might balance out the WIAWs and recipes I put on here. 😉
Today’s Fitness Friday is a Fitness Survey that Tina of Carrots ‘N’ Cake did a little while ago!
1. Five fitness items I can’t live without:
– Running shoes. Ever since I started running (in early 2010) I’ve used Saucony Guides. The tattered pair is my absolute favorite and I just can’t throw them away.
– Supportive shoes. I actually bought the latest version of the Guide last summer, but until my favorite ones give out, I’ve been using these while doing indoor workouts, like DVDs or the elliptical.
– My iPod. I love using music to motivate myself while running, and my iPod is especially awesome because it has a pedometer!
– My custom insoles. It seems like everything in this list is about my feet, but after having so many injuries, I learned that it is so important to take care. When I was going to physical therapy a few years ago I got fitted for some custom orthotics. I use them every single time I go for a run. They keep my ankles straight, which in turn does magic for the rest of my form.
– Dumbbells. I use 3-7 pound dumbbells for many of my workout DVDs, and also all of my impromptu circuit training.
2. Favorite pre-workout snack/meal:
I actually don’t eat anything before I workout. If I do, I get sick! My favorite post-workout snack/meal would be either a Greek yogurt bowl or a protein smoothie.
– Be able to do lots of (think 20) burpees in a row without collapsing.
– A triathlon (?)
– All 349 moves in Ab Ripper X.
– I’d just like to stay fit and healthy throughout my whole life, whatever that entails!
My iPod and a DVD player. Can’t do a DVD workout without a DVD player! 😉
And if you consider treadmills and ellipticals tech tools, then I need those too.
5. Top exercise gear:
Pretty much the same answer as the first question, but I suppose good workout clothes should be mentioned, too. I prefer to workout in capris (versus shorts or pants), and like my workout clothing to be loose, comfortable, and breathable.
6. Motivational mantra:
I don’t exactly have mantras that I repeat to myself while workout or anything like that, but I find these quotes to be very inspiring (thank you, Pinterest!):
“Even a bad run is better than no run at all.”
“Skinny isn’t the goal. Strong is.”
“You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow. You choose.”
7. Next big exercise goal:
Running a 5K in the spring!
8. Favorite cardio exercise:
Running, for sure. There is nothing that makes me feel better than running.
9. Favorite strength move:
Oh gosh, there are so many. Bicep curls, pushups, squats, Superman, presses, anything ab-related…I could go on!
Now, it’s your turn! Pick one or two of the questions and answer below! I’d love to learn a bit about what you love about fitness!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! 🙂
Awww your dog is so cute! I love all of the inspirational quotes. I have to continuously remind myself why I’m not at the level I want to be at. Usually it’s because I just am not prepared for it! And we all know I can’t live without my running shoes 🙂
That’s a good point – sometimes it’s better to not push ourselves to a fitness goal we’re not ready for!
Since I started using Bob Harper DVDs a few months ago, I’ve really feel in love with jumping lunges. I used to hate them! I’d like to be able to do a full pull up one day.
Jumping lunges hurt my knees so much – I wish I could like them! And doing a full pull up would be great!
wait i am so jealous you have both pieces of equipment in your home, that is awesome
It really is nice, especially when it’s nasty and wintry outside!
I actually just threw out my old running shoes because they were giving my heels blisters! So hard to part with!
Yikes! Not excited for the day that happens to me!
Your exercise goals are great! I need to make some new ones! My big one last year was to run my first half marathon. Now I need to think of something to tackle next 🙂
Wow, that’s pretty impressive! I’m just going to start with a 5K for now… 😉
Your smoothie looks so yummy!
[…] I mentioned in this post, I also need my good running shoes and inserts. I swear my inserts helped me come out of my […]