Guess what??? Today is my Blogiversary!
Yep, my blog turns 1 today! I feel like I should bake a cake or something.
Oh wait. I always feel like that. 😛
Here is my very first post from a year ago: Why I Am Doing This.
It’s really interesting…I think I’ve kind of come off-track from my original goals for this blog. And really, I’m OK with that! I love posting recipes and writing about my travels, fun happenings, Ella, and other shenanigans. I initially wanted this to be sort of a “what I ate” every day sort of blog, but that became a bit too challenging with my schedule. That’s why I love WIAWs – and because of them, I feel like I haven’t gotten too off-track! 🙂
But anyway, I just want to say a HUGE thank you to all of my readers, especially those of you who have been following LLL from the rough, posting-twice-a-month beginning! I can’t tell you how much fun it is to be able to connect with so many people through blogging. So thank you!!
I guess it’s time for another Thankful Thursday. Can you believe we’ve already had two Thursdays in November?? Seriously, where has this year gone?
I’ve decided to start linking up my Thankful Thursdays to Jessie’s blog, Jessie Loves to Run. It’s fun and heartwarming to read through others’ posts, so check it out!
In light of the recent storms on the East Coast, I have realized that I have so much in my life to be thankful for.
1. Electricity. I take heat (and A/C) totally and completely for granted. During the couple of days that we hadn’t turned the heat on in my apartment and it was 40* outside, I really realized exactly how wonderful it is. There are still people on the East Coast without power, which means no lights, heated water, microwave or oven – not to mention heat, and now they’re getting pummeled by inches of snow.
Needless to say, I’m keeping them (and everyone suffering from similar issues) in my thoughts!
2. Plentiful food and water. I am so blessed to live in a part of the country/world in which I can just run to the store and grab not even what I need, but also what I want.
3. Living in a country in which a switch (or maintenance) of power does not result in violence. There are not many countries in the world that are this way. While there are plenty of people who are mad about the election, some who are rubbing the results in others’ faces, and still others who refuse to get along with the “other side” (aren’t we all Americans?), the elections in our country are usually very peaceful, and I am thankful for that.
4. Along those same lines, I am thankful that I got the chance to vote in this past election. I’m not going to talk about who or what I voted for (I hope you’ll understand that 😉 ) but still, I am aware of the fact that not many people around the world – especially women – have this right.
5. On a lighter note, I am thankful for comfy sweatshirts. It’s getting cold outside, and I love being able to just throw on a sweatshirt and head to class. I’m not one of those people who will show up to class in pajamas, but I love that there is no strict dress code at my school, and I can wear a bulky, warm sweatshirt whenever I want! 🙂
6. Finally, I am thankful for the time I got to spend with my mom last year. If you’ve been keeping up with the recaps, you’ll know that we had a fantastic week of vacation in England. To finish up my recaps of that week, please check out my posts (that I did before I had the idea of recapping the trip) on Liverpool!
Liverpool Recap: Day One
Liverpool Recap: Day Two
Question: What are you thankful for?
Have a great day! 🙂
Happy 1st Birthday xxx
“oh wait. I always feel like that” Hahahahahaha oh my god, meeee toooo. Happy blogiversary!
Congrats on your blog birthday! That’s so exciting!
Congrats on your blog! That is so exciting:)