Hello all! Happy Monday!
I still can’t believe another weekend has come and gone. I only have five weeks – five weeks! – left in student teaching, and then I’ll graduate from college! 😮
Today I thought I’d kill two birds with one stone (I actually hate that expression…I don’t want to kill any birds!) and turn my Week in Review post into a MIMM post as well. I haven’t done either in a while, and I’m still hard-pressed for time, so why not?
Thanks for hosting, Meghan!
Thanks for hosting, Katie!
Over the last…well, many weeks…
- Two of the radio stations around us are now playing Christmas music! I know most people in the world think it’s far too early, but I just love it. There’s something so innocent and happy about it. 🙂
- I finally got my acid reflux/EOE issues under control! My doctor prescribed a new medicine that’s only just been made available. The only problem is that it isn’t covered by insurance. Honestly, though, I’d rather spend lots of money than deal with that pain.
- I do still have an appointment with a gastroenterologist this week, though, to see how I can be proactive in fixing this awful problem. Wish me luck!
- Also on the health front, my plantar fasciitis has gotten better, too. I received customized orthotics (which, again, cost an arm and a leg) around Halloween, and they’ve worked wonders. I was even able to run for about 10 minutes on the treadmill on Saturday!
- It is officially November here. I thought fall could hold out a bit longer, but it’s been windy, cold, rainy/snowy/sleety, and just downright unpleasant the last few days.
- I have been teaching full time for almost a month now and I’m happy to say that I really, really like it. Yes, it’s a crazy amount of work, but I do like it. My two favorite classes are my Honors American Lit classes, namely because of the students, but also because of the content. My coordinating teacher has been letting me teach The Great Gatsby, which I love her for. The students are so into the book, too, so we have consistently interesting conversations daily. I love it!
- Throughout college, I always thought that I was busy. And granted, I might have been, but I’ve never been this busy before. I now completely understand the saying “There aren’t enough hours in a day.” My average day looks like this:
5:00 – Wake up, exercise
5:45 – Eat, shower
6:45 – Head to school
7:10 – Get to school, organize my thoughts
7:50-2:40 – Teach (with the exception of my planning hour and the hour I don’t teach)
2:45 – Plan for the next day
3:30 – Arrive home
4:00 – 6:00 Pick up the kids off the bus (if it’s Wednesday or Thursday)
4:00 – If it isn’t a Wednesday or Thursday, I try and relax a bit
5:30 – Dinner
6:00 – Plan for the next day, grade papers, email people, do stuff for my seminar, etc.
10:30 – Get to bed (if I’m lucky it’s that early!)
- Last week was my first experience on the other side of the table for parent/teacher conferences. It was a total of six hours over two days, and I actually enjoyed it. I didn’t get any of the parents teachers dread, so that’s probably why, but it was fun matching up the faces and personalities of students to their parents.
- I feel so bad that I haven’t been able to play with Ella in such a long time. I spend time with her as much as I can, but I still don’t feel like it’s enough. Not to worry, Ella, once December comes, I’ll have more time for you!
- I graded over 100 quizzes this weekend, and about 60 analytical paragraphs. Good thing it’s still new and fun to me. 😉
- Last but not least, last Friday was my second blogiversary! I was fully aware that it was coming, but sadly didn’t have the time to do a post about it. However, I’m working at getting things together for my first ever GIVEAWAY, so hopefully I’ll have that up and running soon…ish!
Well, that’s all I have for now. Have a great week, everyone!
Questions for the day:
What’s Marvelous in YOUR Monday?
Do you like Christmas music? How about in November?
What does your daily schedule look like?