Wow, what a week. I can’t believe another one has gone by so quickly!
I’ll just jump right in to another Week in Review!
This past week…
- I have been suffering from seasonal allergies like never before. This has been the worst I’ve ever felt. My eyes are swollen and itchy, my head aches, my throat hurts, and I literally cannot stop sneezing. It’s like a perpetual cold. Spring is lucky it’s so beautiful…
- My high school orchestra teacher had his last concert. I mentioned it last Wednesday, too, but this man really was amazing. He built the orchestra from the ground up in my school system, and has been teaching for 35 years. Not only was he a great director, he was also the nicest person. Needless to say, there were a lot of tears in the auditorium that night!
- I discovered that Kingston upon Thames (the place I lived for three months) has a Pinterest board.
- Ella and I played outside a lot (despite my allergies).
- I started babysitting again! Until the kids get out of school, I only have them for a few hours in the evening, but it’s still good to be back in the swing of things.
- A pair of robins built a nest on our fireplace vent, and the babies are finally out. It’s a good thing birds get feathers, because those babies aren’t exactly cute.
- We got out our summer shoes. Hooray for flip flops! 🙂
- I made a bone mobile type thing for Ella. She loves games and puzzles (ok, that sounds weird, but she really does! Hide and seek is her favorite) and it only took her a little while to get all the bones untied.
That is, after she “hid” the whole string of them. What a goof.
- I took advantage of my naturally annoyingly curly hair (instead of fighting it) and created this updo. I think it turned out pretty well! I let it air dry with a bit of gel in it, curled the front section with a curling iron and took those strands to pin back, and then pinned up the rest.
I must say, I’m quite proud of my new-found hair styling abilities! 😉 The updo wasn’t just for the fun, of it, though…
- My best friend from middle school got married this weekend!She looked absolutely gorgeous (although, she always looks gorgeous, lucky duck), and the ceremony was beautiful. It was short and sweet, which I love.
The reception was in a really pretty, cozy building downtown GR.
Dan’s cousin was getting married that same day, so he couldn’t join us. But I did get to spend some time with my parents, which was nice.
Me and the beautiful bride!
I wish Felicia and Nick all the luck and love in the world. 🙂
And so ends another great week. Thanks so much, Meghan, for hosting the Week in Review link up party!
What was the best part of your past week?
Anything fun or exciting happening this week?