So toward the end of last week I was nominated by two lovely ladies for a couple of Liebster Awards! Thanks Madison and Sydney!
I’ve always been a sucker for surveys (remember in the early 2000s when email surveys were all the rage? 🙂 ), so I’m even more thankful to those two for giving me an excuse to fill some out.
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (as best as you can tell based on the info provided!). They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer.
- Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
Eleven Random Facts
- My very first stuffed animal was a Pooh Bear from my dad from the day I was born. I still have it. 🙂
- When I was younger (and maybe still sometimes now…..) I used to match up my candies by their colors. So, if I was eating M&Ms, blue and yellow went together because of U of M, green and red went together because of Christmas, and orange and brown were paired because of Halloween.
- When I’m composing a creative writing piece like a story or a poem, I need to handwrite it all first. Then I type it up and edit as I go. The last time I wrote a short story, I wrote out eleven pages before getting to a computer!
- Any and all changes in the atmosphere give me day-long headaches.
- Open water makes me uneasy. I’m a decent swimmer, but I can’t swim without my nose plugged, so the thought of being out in water is intimidating. Because of that, I’m not a big fan of fun summer activities like tubing; strangely enough, though, I love kayaking! My mom and brother and I went out maybe a half mile into Lake Michigan to kayak one time, and the bottom was well over 20 feet below us, but I was fine. But on a tube, a boat, in a pool, or even on the shore, I get nervous! It’s weird.
- I am currently OBSESSED with Breaking Bad. We’re a bit behind society, but in the past two months, we’ve watched three seasons on Netflix.
- My favorite color is the bright green that you can only glimpse during the first few days of spring.
- I’m allergic to fake scents, like perfumes, candles, fabric softeners, etc. They make my head ache and my nose stuff up.
- My favorite Disney movie when I was younger was Pocahontas. I used to pretend like I was her, running through the woods around my grandma’s house in Tennessee. Unfortunately, no pet raccoons or hummingbirds came of my efforts.
- Actually, the closest I’ve ever come to a raccoon was about four years ago. My mom woke up and heard squeaking noises at our front door and went to investigate. We came across two babies. After calling a wildlife shelter, we figured the mother had left them and probably died somehow (maybe she was hit by a car?). The lady at the shelter said that if we didn’t bring them in, they would have died shortly. We weren’t going to let that happen, but getting those little things into a box and into the car sure was a task. They were mean!
- My favorite U.S. cities are New York, Boston, Charleston, Chicago, and Seattle. In no particular order. 🙂
- What time zone do you live in? Eastern time zone.
- Who is your favorite superhero? Hmm. I really don’t know. I’ll go with Captain America. I don’t know why.
- Is is hot or cold where you live now? Actually, it was getting a bit humid yesterday, and today we might be in the 80*s! Wahoo!
- What is your favorite kind of chip? Oh gosh. Tortilla, for sure. Then after that salt and vinegar, then sour cream and onion.
- If you could invent a new kind of jelly bean flavor, what would it be? I think they’ve already been invented! But I think something like blackberry merlot would be interesting! 😉
- Do you prefer swimming in the ocean or swimming in lakes? See above! 😉 But I guess lakes (specifically Lake Michigan) just because there aren’t any crazy creatures near the shore.
- What book have you reread the most times? Harry Potter! I’ve read the first four seven times, the fifth five times, and the last two three times. Yep, I’ll brag all I want about that!
- What is your dream car? A red or white mini cooper.
- If you were given 1 million dollars right now, what kind of business would you start? An allergy-free bakery. (I’m stealing Madison’s answer for that one!)
- If you could have a miniature version of any animal for a pet, what would you pick? Hmm…maybe a penguin. How cute would that be??
- What is your least favorite color? Orange. Bleh.
1. What is your all-time favorite meal? Probably just a few good slices of pizza. I’ve forgot what it’s like to eat that and not feel guilty!
2. What is one of your favorite family traditions? I love decorating sugar cookies on Christmas eve!
3. If you had $1,000 dollars to spend on anything, what would you buy? I wouldn’t buy – I’d either save it or pay my parents back for tuition/rent! But as for a not boring answer…probably a lot of kitchen supplies!
4. If you could travel to any country in the world, where would you go? England. No question. I love that place. Other than that, though, I’d loooooove to visit Ireland.
5. What is your dream career? I’d love to own an allergy-friendly bakery. That would be great.
6. Milk or dark chocolate? Dark!
7. What is the best book you’ve read recently? I read a free book on my Kindle called The Misremembered Man. It was really great.
8. What is a blogging goal you have for yourself and your blog for the next year? I just really want to increase the amount of readers I have! I love connecting with you all!
9. If you could be a fly on the wall for any significant historical moment, which would it be and why? What a great question…hm. I’d love to have seen a Shakespeare play acted out for the first time. Or the creation and signing of the Declaration of Independence and/or the Constitution would be amazing to witness.
10. Are you a morning person or night person? Defffffinitely a morning person. I can get up at 5:00 and be fine, but ask me to stay up much past 11 and I will be a cranky pants!
11. What summer plans are you most looking forward to? I’m really looking forward to babysitting again. And then my family and I are planning a vacation that I’m seriously excited for. But honestly? I’m just happy the summer weather is coming around!
Jessie Bear What Will You Wear?
(Ok, that was 12…)
- (I’m going to steal one from above): If you could be a fly on the wall for any significant historical moment, which would it be and why?
- What was your favorite class in high school?
- What is your favorite time of day?
- If you could be an animal, which would you be?
- Do you have a least favorite word? What is it?
- What TV show are you obsessed with right now?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- North or South?
- What is one goal on your “Life’s To Do list?”
- What is your favorite way to celebrate a birthday?
- Who do you most admire?
If I didn’t nominate you, please don’t take it personally! Feel free to answer the questions on your blog or in the comments section! 🙂
Thanks again for the nominations, ladies!
Have a great day everyone!
Thanks for the nomination girl!!! I just filled it out yesterday but I do appreciate it 🙂 Funny story- even though I’ve been a swimmer my whole life and live on my boat, i’m still nervous around open water too. I think it’s the fish or something…
That’s interesting! Yeah, I think part of it is not knowing what’s beneath you…yikes.
I matched up my M&M’s the same way, except Blue and Yellow for me was for my school’s colors 🙂
I don’t do well with fake scents either. Those air fresheners in the car, all of the perfume and hair spray from the girl’s on my floor, my mom’s candles during the winter, that entire aisle of chemicals/Glade smelly stuff at the grocery store, oh, and fabric softener like you said. Haha.
I do my best writing too by hand.
I have a feeling that I’m eastern standard time too…. Yep. Going to change mine now 🙂 Seriously though, I just couldn’t figure it out! Lol.
Actually, now that I’m thinking about it, swimming in the ocean isn’t very fun… All of that salt water in your eyes 😦
So I could go on and on about how almost all of our answers were so similar (Hello Harry Potter and allergy-free bakery! 🙂 ) but I won’t…
I will say that I love your #9 answer though for Sydney’s questions.
Hahah we are very similar!! Yeah, I go way out of my way to avoid that aisle in the store! 🙂
Seriously. My eyes started watering and I started sneezing when I was walking down the aisle. I had to walk out fast and wait for my mom at the end. 🙂
Love these answers! Especially the M&M one… so cute! 😀
That was my favorite disney movie too!!! everyone always liked the other ones but I adored that one for some reason. Also Aladdin, freaking loved Aladdin. Thanks for the nomination! I will probably be doing this Thursday
Really?? I’ve never heard of anyone liking that one, too…I’ve had to introduce it to the kids I babysit and even some of my friends! Ooh, yeah, Aladdin was a good one too.
Many thanks for the nomination, Liv! 🙂
I love your list of answers — and I seriously love your idea of an allergy-free bakery. You should go for it! (Easier said than done, I know.) Honestly though, I think you’d be great at it, and there’s a serious need for such services right now. (Angela Liddon from Oh She Glows ran a bakery out of her house for a few years, and she seemed to do really well with it.)
I’ll at least say this: if you do it, you’ll have me as a loyal customer! 🙂
Oooh, that’s a GREAT idea! Running a bakery out of the house would be so much better than having to buy a building and worry about all of that stuff. I so appreciate your thoughts and support! 🙂
No problem! Here’s the link for the bakery that Angela Liddon ran: http://ohsheglows.com/categories/my-story/career-my-story/glo-bakery/
Thanks for the nom! 😀 I love how you used to eat m&m’s, I totally did the same thing haha.
😉 You’re welcome!
OOoooh Love Breaking Bad too. That tv show is addicting. 🙂
It SO is!! We can’t stop watching it!
Thank you SO MUCH for the nomination!!! 🙂 I’m seriously flattered. I had to say this but…I never really got into Breaking Bad (don’t hate me). I honestly think the show was just too intense for me. My little stressed out brain and heart can only take so much stress and I get enough of it from school. 😉 Maybe I should give it another try though…EVERYONE loves it.
My mom often feels the same way – it is suuuuper stressful, but I just love the story line! And no problem!
[…] Liv for making everyone read a bit more about me. […]
[…] is a particularly happy Tuesday, since the lovely Liv from Liv Lives Life and the lovely Mariette from Cursory Moments both nominated me for a Liebster […]
[…] so I hope you’ll forgive me! If you do want to know more about me, please click on over (here and here) to the other posts I wrote for this […]