I’ve always been a sucker for surveys (remember in the early 2000s when email surveys were all the rage? 🙂 ), so I’m even more thankful to those two for giving me an excuse to fill some out.
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (as best as you can tell based on the info provided!). They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer.
- Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
Eleven Random Facts
- My very first stuffed animal was a Pooh Bear from my dad from the day I was born. I still have it. 🙂
- When I was younger (and maybe still sometimes now…..) I used to match up my candies by their colors. So, if I was eating M&Ms, blue and yellow went together because of U of M, green and red went together because of Christmas, and orange and brown were paired because of Halloween.
- When I’m composing a creative writing piece like a story or a poem, I need to handwrite it all first. Then I type it up and edit as I go. The last time I wrote a short story, I wrote out eleven pages before getting to a computer!
- Any and all changes in the atmosphere give me day-long headaches.
- Open water makes me uneasy. I’m a decent swimmer, but I can’t swim without my nose plugged, so the thought of being out in water is intimidating. Because of that, I’m not a big fan of fun summer activities like tubing; strangely enough, though, I love kayaking! My mom and brother and I went out maybe a half mile into Lake Michigan to kayak one time, and the bottom was well over 20 feet below us, but I was fine. But on a tube, a boat, in a pool, or even on the shore, I get nervous! It’s weird.
- I am currently OBSESSED with Breaking Bad. We’re a bit behind society, but in the past two months, we’ve watched three seasons on Netflix.
- My favorite color is the bright green that you can only glimpse during the first few days of spring.
- I’m allergic to fake scents, like perfumes, candles, fabric softeners, etc. They make my head ache and my nose stuff up.
- My favorite Disney movie when I was younger was Pocahontas. I used to pretend like I was her, running through the woods around my grandma’s house in Tennessee. Unfortunately, no pet raccoons or hummingbirds came of my efforts.
- Actually, the closest I’ve ever come to a raccoon was about four years ago. My mom woke up and heard squeaking noises at our front door and went to investigate. We came across two babies. After calling a wildlife shelter, we figured the mother had left them and probably died somehow (maybe she was hit by a car?). The lady at the shelter said that if we didn’t bring them in, they would have died shortly. We weren’t going to let that happen, but getting those little things into a box and into the car sure was a task. They were mean!
- My favorite U.S. cities are New York, Boston, Charleston, Chicago, and Seattle. In no particular order. 🙂
- What time zone do you live in? Eastern time zone.
- Who is your favorite superhero? Hmm. I really don’t know. I’ll go with Captain America. I don’t know why.
- Is is hot or cold where you live now? Actually, it was getting a bit humid yesterday, and today we might be in the 80*s! Wahoo!
- What is your favorite kind of chip? Oh gosh. Tortilla, for sure. Then after that salt and vinegar, then sour cream and onion.
- If you could invent a new kind of jelly bean flavor, what would it be? I think they’ve already been invented! But I think something like blackberry merlot would be interesting! 😉
- Do you prefer swimming in the ocean or swimming in lakes? See above! 😉 But I guess lakes (specifically Lake Michigan) just because there aren’t any crazy creatures near the shore.
- What book have you reread the most times? Harry Potter! I’ve read the first four seven times, the fifth five times, and the last two three times. Yep, I’ll brag all I want about that!
- What is your dream car? A red or white mini cooper.
- If you were given 1 million dollars right now, what kind of business would you start? An allergy-free bakery. (I’m stealing Madison’s answer for that one!)
- If you could have a miniature version of any animal for a pet, what would you pick? Hmm…maybe a penguin. How cute would that be??
- What is your least favorite color? Orange. Bleh.
1. What is your all-time favorite meal? Probably just a few good slices of pizza. I’ve forgot what it’s like to eat that and not feel guilty!
2. What is one of your favorite family traditions? I love decorating sugar cookies on Christmas eve!
3. If you had $1,000 dollars to spend on anything, what would you buy? I wouldn’t buy – I’d either save it or pay my parents back for tuition/rent! But as for a not boring answer…probably a lot of kitchen supplies!
4. If you could travel to any country in the world, where would you go? England. No question. I love that place. Other than that, though, I’d loooooove to visit Ireland.
5. What is your dream career? I’d love to own an allergy-friendly bakery. That would be great.
6. Milk or dark chocolate? Dark!
7. What is the best book you’ve read recently? I read a free book on my Kindle called The Misremembered Man. It was really great.
8. What is a blogging goal you have for yourself and your blog for the next year? I just really want to increase the amount of readers I have! I love connecting with you all!
9. If you could be a fly on the wall for any significant historical moment, which would it be and why? What a great question…hm. I’d love to have seen a Shakespeare play acted out for the first time. Or the creation and signing of the Declaration of Independence and/or the Constitution would be amazing to witness.
10. Are you a morning person or night person? Defffffinitely a morning person. I can get up at 5:00 and be fine, but ask me to stay up much past 11 and I will be a cranky pants!
11. What summer plans are you most looking forward to? I’m really looking forward to babysitting again. And then my family and I are planning a vacation that I’m seriously excited for. But honestly? I’m just happy the summer weather is coming around!
(Ok, that was 12…)
- (I’m going to steal one from above): If you could be a fly on the wall for any significant historical moment, which would it be and why?
- What was your favorite class in high school?
- What is your favorite time of day?
- If you could be an animal, which would you be?
- Do you have a least favorite word? What is it?
- What TV show are you obsessed with right now?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- North or South?
- What is one goal on your “Life’s To Do list?”
- What is your favorite way to celebrate a birthday?
- Who do you most admire?
If I didn’t nominate you, please don’t take it personally! Feel free to answer the questions on your blog or in the comments section! 🙂
Thanks again for the nominations, ladies!
Have a great day everyone!