First of all, happy birthday to my wonderful dad! I hope you have a great day!
Last Friday, Madison over at Eating 4 Balance nominated me for the Sunshine Award! Thank you so much! 🙂
There are a couple of rules and a fun little survey that come along with the award, so let’s get to it!
Here are the rules…
- If you are nominated you must include the link in a blog, linking to the person/blog that nominated you.
- You must answer some questions and nominate 7 fellow bloggers and link their blogs in your post.
- Let the people you have nominated know that you have nominated them!
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? I’m going to go kind of out of the box on this one. I think that there are so many authors and songwriters whose writing can be turned into philosophy. I’ll share some of my favorites:
- “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” – Dumbledore (so, J.K. Rowling)
- “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Dumbledore
- “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” – Sirius Black (J.K. Rowling)
- “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
- “There are places I remember all my life, though some have changed. Some forever, not for better, some have gone and some remain.” – The Beatles
- “When you’ve seen beyond yourself, then you may find peace of mind is waiting there.” – The Beatles
I’ve underlined so many things in novels or poems or I’ve listened to songs and thought “wow, that was an amazing lyric”, but for now, I’ll just keep it at those. 🙂
2. What is your favorite number? For some reason, I really like the number 49.
3. What is your favorite animal? To be around: dogs. I also find wolves, whales, owls, and birds of paradise very interesting.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter? They’re both separate from the blog. 😉
5. What is your favorite time of day? I like really early summer mornings, when it’s still kind of gray out, and the birds are just waking up. There is something so peaceful about that.
6. What was your favorite vacation? Oh my…tough question. Technically, as an ambassador, I’m not supposed to call studying abroad a vacation (because I was studying), but if I could, I would choose that. Otherwise: Disney World, Italy, Mexico, or New England…all for different reasons. I love vacations! 🙂
7. What is your favorite physical activity? I love running. It makes me feel strong. Other than that, you know I like circuit/strength training, elliptical trainers, yoga…I’m not too picky!
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Water. Other than that, I’m ashamed to admit I like pop (Dr. Pepper especially) quite a bit.
9. What is your favorite flower? Roses. Any and all kinds. They’re just so gorgeous. I like Hibiscus flowers too…
10. What is your passion? Living. That sounds cheesy, but I really try to live life to the fullest, doing what I love: being with friends and family, reading, writing, making and eating food, playing with my dog, and just taking care of myself.
Now, on to my nominations:
Thanks again for the nomination, Madison!
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday! 🙂