So over the last couple of weeks, I’ve been gathering links that I want to share with you all. Some are relevant (to my site) and others are just plain random.
1. This poem about English Pronunciations is so fun. Just me? Ok.
2. If you’re on facebook, you probably saw these linguistic conflict maps of America circulating around, but I wanted to share it with you all just in case.
I find all of that so interesting. I think the ones that I hear people getting annoyed with most often around here are the words “caramel”, “coupon”, and “route”. I have had many a friendly argument about each of these words. How do you pronounce them?
3. My friend Allea (who I met in England) recently completed the Whole30 challenge. That feat is seriously impressive to me. I have next to no will power when it comes to food elimination, even if it’s for the better, so Allea’s success is truly inspirational. I highly suggest clicking over to her site to see her recap of the challenge. It’s all very interesting.
4. If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you might know that I have eosinophilic esophagitis – EOE for short. This condition has many of the same symptoms of heart burn, but is much worse and can be a lifelong condition. Long story short, I’ve visited doctors, allergists, and gastroenterologists about this condition over the years, and they’ve all told me it’s caused by my food allergies. I cut out egg (good choice), tried cutting out gluten (from what I can tell, it made no difference), but basically haven’t really received any answers from anyone.
The other day, I was thinking…what if my EOE is caused by environmental allergies? I was standing outside talking with someone and my voice started to get hoarse. That’s not unusual for me, but it is unusual for most people. I realized then that maybe there is a link between environmental allergies and EOE. Sure enough, I typed that into google, and this (click link to read) is what I found.
My hunch was right on, I think. Now the question is…what do I do about that?
5. I adore this post by Rebecca. As much as I love the kids I babysit, when they dawdle getting ready for something (whether it’s for bed, a trip we’re taking, or even just getting their toys cleaned up) I find myself wanting to tell them to “hurry up” – and sometimes I do. But as Rebecca reminded me, when I force them to hurry, I risk taking away special moments that go along with being a kid. I mean, really…why the hurry all the time?
I mean, really, how great is that?? I love that more and more people are coming around to the thought that healthy, fit, and strong don’t always mean “perfectly” skinny.
7. Lillian shared this article, 5 Signs a Hidden Food Sensitivity is Sabotaging Your Health, a few weeks ago, and it has really stuck with me. Some of you might remember that I tried a GF diet, and didn’t like it, but I do wonder about the other foods they talk about. It really is amazing what food can do to our bodies – be it good or not so good!
8. 21 Flawless Cattacks. I’m so not a cat person, but these are just hilarious.
9. I’m seeing Monsters University tomorrow with the kids…think they’d be ok with me making Jessica’s Movie Theater Candy Chocolate Bark to take along with us?
Totally joking. I know I could handle it, but there is no way I’d want to deal with the sugar rush those kids would get after eating this. Oi. But it does look good……
I think I’ll end on that sweet note. :-)
I hope you all have a great Thursday!