I hope all of my American friends enjoyed their holiday weekend, and everyone else had a relaxing one, too!
I have just nine more days of student teaching, and twelve days until I graduate. In between now and then, I have a list about a mile and a half long of things I need to do. So, naturally, I’m writing a blog post.
My Thanksgiving weekend was loads of fun, so I’m going to recap it for my Week in Review. Thanks for hosting, Meghan!
This past week…
- I baked up some M&M and chocolate chip cookie bars for our staff potluck. I didn’t get a chance to get a good picture, but boy oh boy were they good. If I decide to make them again, I’ll post the recipe. They couldn’t have been easier!
- My mom and I went to Younkers to get free makeovers. We both have allergies to most cosmetics, but neither of us reacted to the kind that was used (Clinique). Success!
It was fun being dolled-up for a day.
- I enjoyed a two-day week of school. I love teaching and being at GHS so much, but I have to admit…that was niiiice.
- On Wednesday, I babysat the kids and we took a trip to Jo-Ann Fabrics. I love that they love crafts. While there I grabbed some cute holiday tins that will soon be filled with Christmas cookies.
- Thursday was spent exercising, working, and cooking. A-ok with me! I’ll talk more about the feast on Wednesday.
- Oh yeah…we also put up our Christmas tree! Have I ever mentioned I love this time of year?
- On Friday, I didn’t go out and brave the shopping crowds. Instead, I slept in, which was just lovely.
- Later that day, my family and I went to see Catching Fire. Ohhh my gosh, was it good. I’m still just amazed! I read the Hunger Games series, but was a fan of only the first book. I had a feeling the movie was going to be good, but I had no idea just how good. Even if you haven’t read the books, I definitely recommend getting out to see it!
- On Friday night, my family and I went out to dinner and then went to a Griffins hockey game. The Griffins are our local minor team, and we had some great seats. Now, if you know me (or have been reading for a while), you know I’m not a fan of sports. But our seats were great and the game was a good one. My friend Briana joined us, too, which made it all the better.
- On Saturday, I got a chance to spend time with my little cousins (and my aunts and grandma). The kids decorated Christmas cookies, which was of course fun, and it’s always nice to spend time with family.
- The rest of my weekend involved lots of work. I had about 50 essays on which I commented and gave feedback. Thankfully, the kids are good writers, it’s a lit analysis of The Great Gatsby, and I’m still new to all of this, so I didn’t mind.
I’m kinda bummed I didn’t have time to write up a post about all of the things I’m thankful for, because there are so many. My family, my friends, my co-workers and students, my health, a roof over my head, food on my table, a college degree (basically), my doggie, my neighbors, and everything else few and far between. I’m also very thankful for you all, my readers and blog friends.
And with that, I hope you all have a wonderful start to the week! Just a few more until Christmas!
Also, if you haven’t yet, don’t forget to enter my Step It Up with Steph giveaway! It’s still open for another week!
I’m linking this post up to Katie’s Marvelous in my Monday. Thanks for hosting, Katie!