It feels like I was just writing last week’s WiR, and here we are again, another Tuesday. I just can’t believe how quickly this summer has gone. I start student teaching in exactly three weeks (EEK), and pretty soon, it will be fall. I’m SO not ready to let go of summer yet.
The good news is, though, that I spent much of this last week enjoying the beautiful weather we’ve been having!
Thanks for hosting, Meghan!
This past week…
- I took my car to the shop to get an oil change and have them check it out. Turns out the battery needed to be replaced. $245 later, here I am. Stinkin’ money.
- I finally snapped a picture of Ella doing her “Namaste” pose! The first time she did this when she was a wee pup, I thought it looked like the yoga pose, so that’s what we’ve been calling it ever since. It cracks me up.
- For our Friday “field trip” day, the kids and I went to a local Scholastic book fair. I didn’t plan on getting anything, but at one point I passed a Good Housekeeping cookbook that was marked down to $5 from $15. When I went to the register, it rang up as only $2.50! Talk about a good deal!
- Also on Friday, the kids and I performed a rescue. We were swimming in the neighbors’ pool when I noticed a small frog at the bottom. We thought he was moving, so we wanted to save him. None of the kids wanted to touch it (I was so surprised), so I eventually bribed one of them with a dollar to scoop it up. Lots of attempts and screaming later, we discovered he had been dead the whole time. Boo.
- On Saturday, Dan and I drove to the Lansing area to get out and enjoy the weather. We stopped in Central Park in Okemos, which actually ended up being a very nice place, complete with a farmer’s market and a little historical village.
- After touring those, we continued on into the park. And I got eaten alive by mosquitos, again, despite putting on bug spray. It was very pretty, though, and definitely a nice way to spend a beautiful summer day.
- That night, we headed even more east to my grandma’s house. We spent that night and the following morning playing cards and being stuffed to our gills, courtesy of my grandma. She’s a good cook, suffice it to say.
- I made a couple of quarts of homemade chicken stock using Ina Garten’s recipe! (I cut it down to a third of what hers calls for.) I’m super excited to try it out!
- All day yesterday, with the exception of an hour-long workout in the morning, I spent laying around being a lazy bum.
- It did not stop pouring rain the entire morning and afternoon, and it was so relaxing. I love thunderstorms – when I don’t have anything to do.
- Finally, if you missed it, I also posted a new Meat Free Monday recipe: Mexican Stuffed Peppers. It’s a good one, if I do say so myself. :-)
I’m actually going to be productive today, so I’m off. Thanks for reading, and have a great day!
Questions for the day:
What funny things does your pet do?
Are there any nice parks in your area?
What’s your favorite way to make the most of the beautiful summer weather?